Tuesday, May 7, 2013

'The Lebron before Lebron'


News Photo: High School Basketball Great Western Shootout Mater Dei…
photo courtesy of gettyimages


Not NorCal related, but great article on one of California's All-Time High School basketball greats.  I remember watching Schea Cotton for the first time in Vegas, it was the same weekend I saw Kevin Garnett as a senior in high school.  The gym was too packed to watch Kevin Garnett so I wandered over to the gym next door to watch another game.  I was not aware of what I was about to witness. This 'grown man' was out there dominating in the first few minutes. Catching alley oops, driving the lane and dunking in traffic, and then hitting jumpers off the dribble from beyond the arc.  I thought to myself, dang, this must be the Senior level AAU championship or something.  Then during a timeout the announcer broadcast that these were freshman in high school!   Wow, I followed Schea Cotton as much as I could clipping articles and posting them on my folder for motivation. Saw him play several times in high school championship games, etc.
Enough with my introduction, here is the link to the article on 'The Lebron before Lebron'.


http://lockerroomlivetv.com/schea-cotton-the-lebron-before-lebron/

No comments:

Post a Comment